Tomato and garlic bruschetta
- 4 slices crusty bread
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and halved
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 tbs red onion, finely diced
- 8 basil leaves, torn
- Lightly toast bread on both sides under grill or in a hot oven at 200 °C for 10 minutes each side.
- Rub both sides of bread with garlic and brush with oil.
- In a small bowl mix onion and basil.
- Place slices of tomato on each piece of toast and top with onion and basil mixture.
Recipe from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia, 2012. Reproduced with permission.
|per serve||per 100g|
|Energy||627 kJ||317 kJ|
|Protein||5.1 g||2.6 g|
|Fat, total||5.4 g||2.8 g|
|— saturated||0.8 g||0.4 g|
|Carbohydrate||18.1 g||9.2 g|
|— sugars||4.9 g||2.5 g|
|Sodium||149.9 mg||75.9 mg|
|Fibre||3.4 g||1.7 g|