Healthy Pumpkin Soup Recipe
- 1 medium brown onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 750 g pumpkin, peeled and cut into 1cm cubes
- 1 large potato, peeled and cut into 1cm cubes
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 1/4 cup low-fat natural yoghurt
- Heat oil in a large pot and cook onion and garlic over low heat until onion is translucent.
- Add pumpkin, potato and stock and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until pumpkin is tender. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Puree in a blender until smooth.
- Add yoghurt to serve.
If the soup is too thick add a little low-fat milk to make desired consistency.
Recipe from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia, 2012. Reproduced with permission.
Try mustard instead of mayonnaise to add extra flavour to your salads and sandwiches.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||630 kJ||153 kJ|
|Protein||5.4 g||1.3 g|
|Fat, total||6.1 g||1.5 g|
|— saturated||1.2 g||0.3 g|
|Carbohydrate||17 g||4.1 g|
|— sugars||9.7 g||2.4 g|
|Sodium||973.2 mg||236.3 mg|
|Fibre||3.4 g||0.9 g|
You might also like
Zucchini Quiche with Rice Crust
A creative way to use up leftover rice that will be perfect for a picnic treat!