Easy beef hotpot
- 1 kg chuck or blade steak, cut into chunks
- 2 tbs plain flour
- 2 tsp paprika
- 425 g can no-added-salt diced tomatoes
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 sticks celery, sliced
- 2 large carrots, thickly sliced
- 1 turnip, cut into chunks
- 3 medium potatoes , cut into chunks
- 1 cup stock
- Preheat oven to 180 °C.
- Toss meat, flour and paprika in a plastic bag, tip into a heavy casserole dish.
- Add all remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Press a piece of baking paper over the ingredients and cover closely with a lid.
- Cook for 2 hours without lifting the lid. Check for seasoning and tenderness, returning to oven if more cooking time is required.
Recipe from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia, 2012. Reproduced with permission.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with mashed potatoes and steamed green vegetables.
|per serve||per 100g|
|Energy||1239 kJ||403 kJ|
|Protein||37.4 g||12.2 g|
|Fat, total||6.9 g||2.2 g|
|— saturated||2.4 g||0.8 g|
|Carbohydrate||18.7 g||6.1 g|
|— sugars||4.4 g||1.4 g|
|Sodium||476.5 mg||155.1 mg|
|Fibre||3.4 g||1.1 g|