Healthy Thai Red Beef Curry Recipe
- 2/3 cup rice (uncooked)
- spray olive or canola oil spray
- 200 g lean beef, sliced into strips
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 tsp red curry paste
- 250 g pumpkin, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/2 capsicum, seeded and diced
- 1 x 165 g can reduced-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 lemon, zest and juice
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- Cook rice following packet directions.
- Heat oil in a large frypan and cook beef for 2-3 minutes until the outside is browned.
- Add onion and cook for another 2-3 minutes, until it starts to soften.
- Stir in the curry paste, pumpkin and capsicum and simmer for 10 minutes until pumpkin is soft, adding a little water if necessary.
- Pour in coconut milk and lemon rind and stir through spinach and cook until wilted.
- Serve curry over rice with a wedge of lemon, if desired.
Variation: For a green chicken curry, swap the beef for chicken and use green curry paste instead of red.
Serving Suggestion: To cook in the slow cooker, complete up to step 4, adding about 1/2 cup water. Add coconut milk, lemon and spinach just before serving.
Comment: *To make sure this dish is gluten free and seafood free, check the curry paste as these often contain both.
Chilli, lemon and herbs add flavour - great alternatives to butter and salt!
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||2116 kJ||382 kJ|
|Protein||32 g||6 g|
|Fat, total||10 g||2 g|
|— saturated||6 g||1 g|
|Carbohydrate||67 g||12 g|
|— sugars||13 g||2 g|
|Sodium||366 mg||66 mg|
|Fibre||10 g||2 g|
You might also like
Five-Spice Hoisin Pork with Cauliflower Mash
Asian-inspired tender baked pork served with mash and colourful vegetables.