Healthy Citrus Coleslaw Recipe
- 1 orange
- 3 cups cabbage, shredded
- 2 spring onions (including green tops), sliced
- 1 small green capsicum, seeded and diced
- 1 tbs vinegar
- 1 tbs orange juice
- 2 tbs olive oil
- Grate the orange rind and set aside.
- Peel and slice orange into segments or rings.
- Combine orange with cabbage, spring onions and capsicum in a serving bowl.
- Mix vinegar, orange juice and olive oil in a separate bowl and add orange rind.
- Pour over salad and mix well.
Recipe from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia, 2012. Reproduced with permission.
- Use pink grapefruit instead of orange.
- Add sliced kiwi fruit or grated carrot.
- For a creamy low-fat dressing mix 1/4 cup low-fat natural yoghurt, 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise, juice of 1/2 lemon and 1 teaspoon wholegrain or French mustard.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||499 kJ||350 kJ|
|Protein||1.8 g||1.3 g|
|Fat, total||9.2 g||6.5 g|
|— saturated||1.5 g||1 g|
|Carbohydrate||5.9 g||4.1 g|
|— sugars||5.9 g||4.1 g|
|Sodium||11.8 mg||8.3 mg|
|Fibre||3.1 g||2.2 g|