Healthy Chicken & Noodle Lettuce Wraps Recipe
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 coriander stalks and leaves, roots discarded
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbs sweet chilli sauce
- 8 chicken tenderloins
- 125 g dried rice vermicelli or bean thread noodles
- 1 tbs red curry paste
- 375 mL coconut-flavoured evaporated skim milk
- olive or canola oil spray
- 8 iceberg lettuce leaves
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 4 spring onions (including green tops), chopped
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1 cup fresh coriander, chopped, extra
- Place garlic, coriander, lime juice and vinegar into a small food processor or blender and puree until smooth.
- To make dipping sauce, remove 1/3 cup of mixture, stir in sweet chilli sauce and set aside.
- Add remaining coriander mixture to chicken in a small bowl, stir to coat and set aside to marinate.
- Place noodles in a large bowl and cover with boiling water.
- Add curry paste to a small saucepan on medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes until fragrant then turn to low heat and add evaporated milk. Stir until curry paste is mixed through, simmer for 1 minute, then add drained noodles. Mix well and remove from heat.
- Spray a grill pan with oil and place on high heat. Cook chicken for 2-3 minutes each side.
- To serve, place a chicken tenderloin in a lettuce leaf. Top with a spoonful of noodles, bean sprouts, carrots, spring onions and sprinkle with coriander. Spoon over ½ tablespoon of dipping sauce and roll up to eat.
We are family! Enjoy some quality time together at the dinner table and switch off all other distractions.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1757 kJ||364 kJ|
|Protein||33.1 g||6.9 g|
|Fat, total||14.4 g||3 g|
|— saturated||6.7 g||1.4 g|
|Carbohydrate||35.3 g||7.3 g|
|— sugars||15.8 g||3.3 g|
|Sodium||516.6 mg||107.1 mg|
|Fibre||4.4 g||0.9 g|
You might also like
Fragrant Chicken & Noodle Lettuce Wraps 3-2-1
Fast, fresh and fragrant. Also makes a great salad if you can't be bothered with the lettuce cups!
Lemon & Herb Roast Chicken with Vegies
A traditional roast with fresh flavours that is sure to be a hit!