- olive or canola oil spray
- 400 g lean beef
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 tbs caster sugar, dissolved in 1 tablespoon boiling water
- 2 tbs Thai fish sauce
- 1 red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tbs mint leaves, chopped
- 1 tbs fresh coriander, chopped
- 6 lettuce leaves, shredded
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 small cucumber, sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- 8 mint leaves
- 8 coriander leaves
- red chilli, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
- Heat a non-stick pan and lightly spray with oil. Pan-fry the beef rare. Cool and slice thinly.
- For the dressing, combine the lime juice, caster sugar, fish sauce, chopped chilli, chopped mint and chopped coriander in a small bowl. Pour over the beef.
- Mix remaining ingredients together in a salad bowl. Top with beef. Serve immediately.
Recipe from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia, 2012. Reproduced with permission.
Serving Suggestion: The beef is best served rare but can be cooked to your liking.
To eat less saturated fat, choose leaner cuts of meat and and trim the fat off meat before cooking.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||848 kJ||332 kJ|
|Protein||23.6 g||9.2 g|
|Fat, total||8.5 g||3.3 g|
|— saturated||2 g||0.8 g|
|Carbohydrate||5.4 g||2.1 g|
|— sugars||0.2 g||2 g|
|Sodium||1007 mg||395 mg|
|Fibre||3.5 g||1.4 g|