Healthy Thai Beef Salad Recipe
- olive or canola oil spray
- 400 g lean beef
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 tbs caster sugar, dissolved in 1 tablespoon boiling water
- 2 tbs Thai fish sauce
- 1 red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tbs mint leaves, chopped
- 1 tbs fresh coriander, chopped
- 6 lettuce leaves, shredded
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 small cucumber, sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- 8 mint leaves
- 8 coriander leaves
- red chilli, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
- Heat a non-stick pan and lightly spray with oil. Pan-fry the beef rare. Cool and slice thinly.
- For the dressing, combine the lime juice, caster sugar, fish sauce, chopped chilli, chopped mint and chopped coriander in a small bowl. Pour over the beef.
- Mix remaining ingredients together in a salad bowl. Top with beef. Serve immediately.
Recipe from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia, 2012. Reproduced with permission.
Serving Suggestion: The beef is best served rare but can be cooked to your liking.
Chilli, lemon and herbs add flavour - great alternatives to butter and salt!
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||848 kJ||332 kJ|
|Protein||23.6 g||9.2 g|
|Fat, total||8.5 g||3.3 g|
|— saturated||2 g||0.8 g|
|Carbohydrate||5.4 g||2.1 g|
|— sugars||0.2 g||2 g|
|Sodium||1007 mg||395 mg|
|Fibre||3.5 g||1.4 g|