- 1 kg squid hoods, cleaned and gutted
- olive or canola oil spray
- 420 g can no-added-salt cannelini or butter beans, drained
- 1 red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 tbs lemon or lime juice
- 1 tbs olive oil
- pepper, to taste
- 1 iceberg lettuce, torn
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 radishes, sliced
- Cut the squid hoods horizontally to make flat pieces and score with a sharp knife in criss-cross fashion.
- Heat a griddle plate, barbecue plate or frypan and spray lightly with oil. Cook squid until charred brown on both sides. Remove to a large bowl.
- Heat beans in a pot and add chilli, lemon juice, oil and pepper. Remove from heat and combine with the squid.
- Arrange salad ingredients on a serving dish and top with the squid and bean mixture. Serve immediately.
Recipe from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia, 2012. Reproduced with permission.
We are family! Enjoy some quality time together at the dinner table and switch off all other distractions.
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||706 kJ||218 kJ|
|Protein||26.6 g||8.2 g|
|Fat, total||5 g||1.6 g|
|— saturated||1.1 g||0.3 g|
|Carbohydrate||2.6 g||0.8 g|
|— sugars||2.3 g||0.7 g|
|Sodium||445 mg||137 mg|
|Fibre||3.3 g||1 g|
You might also like
Tuna & Lemon Pasta
Don’t let the simple ingredients fool you- this fresh-flavoured dish is sure to impress