- 1 kg squid hoods, cleaned and gutted
- olive or canola oil spray
- 420 g can no-added-salt cannelini or butter beans, drained
- 1 red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 tbs lemon or lime juice
- 1 tbs olive oil
- pepper, to taste
- 1 iceberg lettuce, torn
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 radishes, sliced
- Cut the squid hoods horizontally to make flat pieces and score with a sharp knife in criss-cross fashion.
- Heat a griddle plate, barbecue plate or frypan and spray lightly with oil. Cook squid until charred brown on both sides. Remove to a large bowl.
- Heat beans in a pot and add chilli, lemon juice, oil and pepper. Remove from heat and combine with the squid.
- Arrange salad ingredients on a serving dish and top with the squid and bean mixture. Serve immediately.
Recipe from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia, 2012. Reproduced with permission.
Variation: Use 250g dried cannellini or butter beans and prepare according to packet directions.
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||706 kJ||218 kJ|
|Protein||26.6 g||8.2 g|
|Fat, total||5 g||1.6 g|
|— saturated||1.1 g||0.3 g|
|Carbohydrate||2.6 g||0.8 g|
|— sugars||2.3 g||0.7 g|
|Sodium||445 mg||137 mg|
|Fibre||3.3 g||1 g|