Healthy Potato & Pea Curry Recipe
- olive or canola oil spray
- 2 brown onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tbs curry powder
- 4 potatoes , cut into chunks
- 400 g can no-added-salt diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 270 mL reduced-fat coconut milk
- 500 g frozen cauliflower
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 3 cups cooked brown rice (from 1 cup uncooked rice), to serve
- Spray a large saucepan with oil and place on medium-low heat.
- Add onions and cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, or until onions are soft golden brown.
- Add curry powder and cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- Add potatoes to the pan. Stir to coat in spice mix.
- Add tomatoes and stock.
- Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and frozen cauliflower and simmer, uncovered, over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Add peas and cook, uncovered, for a further 5 minutes, or until all vegetables are tender.
- Serve with cooked rice.
We are family! Enjoy some quality time together at the dinner table and switch off all other distractions.
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1216 kJ||255 kJ|
|Protein||10.3 g||2.2 g|
|Fat, total||4.9 g||1 g|
|— saturated||3 g||0.6 g|
|Carbohydrate||45.9 g||9.6 g|
|— sugars||7.2 g||1.5 g|
|Sodium||162.1 mg||34 mg|
|Fibre||9.9 g||2.1 g|
You might also like
Corn Noodle Cakes 3-2-1
You wouldn't believe there's 3 serves of vegetables jammed into these tasty fritters!