Healthy Pumpkin & Feta Mini Frittatas Recipe
- olive or canola oil spray
- 1 leek (white part only), cut lengthways and finely sliced
- 600 g pumpkin, peeled and cut into 1cm cubes
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat milk
- 95 g reduced-fat feta cheese
- 1/3 cup basil leaves, chopped
- small green salad, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan forced).
- Spray a 12-hole, ½-cup capacity muffin pan with oil. Spray a non-stick frying pan with oil and place on medium heat.
- Add leek to frying pan and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened.
- Add pumpkin, spray with oil and stir to coat vegetables. Add ½ cup water, cover pan and steam for 10 minutes until just tender.
- In a medium sized jug, whisk together eggs and milk; season with black pepper.
- Remove pumpkin mixture from heat and stir through feta and basil.
- Place muffin pan on a flat baking tray then spoon pumpkin mixture evenly into 12 holes. Carefully pour over egg mixture to almost fill muffin holes. Bake for 25 minutes, or until firm and golden.
- Cool in the pan for 5 minutes before turning on a wire rack.
- Serve warm or cold with a green salad.
Frittatas make a nutritious finger food for toddlers and are perfect packed in your child’s lunchbox.
Variation: Vary vegetables to include any combination of diced sweet potato, peas, corn kernels, chopped mushrooms, spinach, asparagus or semi-sundried tomatoes, or even leftover roast vegies.
Try mustard instead of mayonnaise to add extra flavour to your salads and sandwiches.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1002 kJ||361 kJ|
|Protein||14.3 g||5.2 g|
|Fat, total||13.6 g||4.9 g|
|— saturated||4.1 g||1.5 g|
|Carbohydrate||12.8 g||4.6 g|
|— sugars||10.2 g||3.7 g|
|Sodium||260.2 mg||93.9 mg|
|Fibre||5.5 g||2 g|