Healthy Beef Broccoli & Snow Pea Stir Fry Recipe
- 500 g Hokkien egg noodles, cooked
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 400 g lean beef, trimmed of fat, thinly sliced
- 1 medium brown onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1/2 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 100 g snow pea, ends trimmed
- 2 tbs water
- 1 tbs oyster sauce
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 1/2 tbs reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 tsp chilli sauce
- Prepare noodles following packet directions.
- Heat oil in pan, stir-fry beef in two batches, set aside and keep warm.
- Add onion, garlic and ginger, cooking until onion is translucent. Add broccoli, snow peas and water, cooking until vegetables soften. Return beef to pan.
- In a small bowl combine water, cornflour and sauces. Stir through beef and vegetables and allow to bubble and thicken.
- Serve with noodles.
Recipe from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia, 2012. Reproduced with permission
- Substitute 400g lean pork leg steak for beef.
- Replace broccoli and snow peas with other vegetables, e.g. Chinese cabbage, bok choy and sliced carrots.
Vegies are a great source of healthy nutrients. Try to include extra vegetables at lunch and dinner.
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1678 kJ||551 kJ|
|Protein||38.4 g||12.6 g|
|Fat, total||12.9 g||4.2 g|
|— saturated||2.2 g||0.7 g|
|Carbohydrate||29.5 g||9.7 g|
|— sugars||2.6 g||0.9 g|
|Sodium||620 mg||203.5 mg|
|Fibre||5.6 g||1.8 g|
You might also like
Five-Spice Hoisin Pork with Cauliflower Mash
Asian-inspired tender baked pork served with mash and colourful vegetables.