Healthy Chicken & Salad Sandwich Recipe
- 160 g cooked or BBQ chicken breast
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup frozen corn kernel, defrosted
- 1 tbs low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 4 slices wholemeal or multigrain bread
- Shred or finely chop chicken.
- Put the chicken in a small bowl and add the celery, corn and mayonnaise (or yoghurt) and mix well to combine.
- Spread the mixture evenly over two slices of bread.
- Top each with a lettuce leaf and another slice of bread.
Comment: To cook chicken, place 200g raw chicken breast in a small saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to the boil, reduce heat to medium and simmer for 5 minutes. Check meat is cooked through, with no pink colour, and allow to cool in the fridge before using.
Choose plain water or soda water in place of a sugary drink.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1147 kJ||615 kJ|
|Protein||23.1 g||12.4 g|
|Fat, total||5.8 g||3.1 g|
|— saturated||1.2 g||0.7 g|
|Carbohydrate||29.7 g||15.9 g|
|— sugars||3.7 g||2 g|
|Sodium||409.5 mg||219.4 mg|
|Fibre||3.8 g||2 g|
You might also like
Fake Baked Loaded Sweet Potato
This 5-ingredient chicken is quick and easy to whip up for a weekday dinner.
Chargrilled Chicken & Vegie Stack With Salsa Verde
This fresh salsa verde is a great accompaniment to this delightful chicken.