- olive or canola oil spray
- 1 large brown onion, diced
- 2 sticks celery, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 medium potatoes , peeled and diced
- 1/4 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 400 g no-added-salt corn kernels (reserve liquid)
- 500 mL salt-reduced chicken stock
- 250 g raw or cooked crab meat
- chives, chopped, to serve
- Heat a large pot and spray with oil; add onion and celery.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes over medium-high heat, stirring often, until vegetables have softened.
- Stir in garlic and cook for 1 minute until fragrant. Add potato, cauliflower, corn including the water it is canned in, stock and pepper to taste; stir until well combined.
- Bring to the boil and simmer on medium heat, partially covered, stirring occasionally for 10 - 15 minutes until vegetables are tender. Remove pot from heat.
- Ladle 2 cups of soup into a large heatproof jug and puree with a stick blender. Alternatively, add 2 cups of soup to a food processor bowl. Return puree to soup pot and place on medium heat.
- Stir in crab and simmer, uncovered, until raw crab meat is barely cooked, or cooked crab meat is warmed through.
- Ladle soup into bowls; season with pepper and sprinkle with chives, if desired.
If no-added-salt corn is not available, drain corn of brine and add to soup with 200 mL of water.
- Substitute a diced leek for onion.
- Include 1 small zucchini, diced.
- Substitute 250g fresh corn kernels cut from 2-3 cobs of corn and 200mL water for canned corn.
- Replace crab with a shredded cooked skinless chicken breast.
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||906 kJ||197 kJ|
|Protein||16 g||3 g|
|Fat, total||4 g||1 g|
|— saturated||0.4 g||0.1 g|
|Carbohydrate||25 g||6 g|
|— sugars||7 g||1 g|
|Sodium||655 mg||143 mg|
|Fibre||7 g||2 g|
You might also like
Tuna Salad in Turkish Bread
Packed with tuna, rocket and cheese, this dish is a pocket-full of taste!
Crunchy Tuna Sandwich
More than just a tuna and salad sandwich, this meal is packed with extra crunch!
Salmon Salad Wrap
Filled with salmon, cucumber and spinach, these wraps are winners as they are or toasted.