Healthy Crab Corn & Avocado Lettuce Boats Recipe
- 1 cos lettuce
- 420 g can no-added-salt corn kernels, drained
- 2 avocados, stoned, peeled and cut into 1cm cubes
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup chives, chopped
- 250 g cooked crab meat
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- chives, chopped, extra, to serve
- red chilli, finely diced, extra, to serve
- Break the lettuce into individual leaves. Choose 12 intact smaller inner leaves then wash, dry and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine corn, avocado, chilli, chives, crab meat, lemon juice and season with pepper; toss gently.
- Spoon crab mixture into each lettuce leaf and arrange on a platter or serving plate.
- Garnish with extra chives and chilli, if desired; serve immediately.
Crab mixture is best made just before serving.
- Use witlof or radicchio leaves instead of cos lettuce.
- Replace cos lettuce with baked wonton wrappers or filo pastry cups.
- Substitute chopped coriander or flat-leaf parsley for chives.
- Substitute 250g kernels cut from 2-3 cobs of cooked corn for canned corn.
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||497 kJ||519 kJ|
|Protein||4.7 g||4.9 g|
|Fat, total||9 g||9.4 g|
|— saturated||2 g||2.1 g|
|Carbohydrate||4 g||4.2 g|
|— sugars||1.2 g||1.3 g|
|Sodium||145.7 mg||152 mg|
|Fibre||2 g||2.1 g|
You might also like
Crunchy Tuna Sandwich
More than just a tuna and salad sandwich, this meal is packed with extra crunch!
Japanese Sesame Tuna Rice Bowl 3-2-1
These Japanese poke bowls are quick to prepare and packed full of fresh ingredients.