- 1/2 cup rice (uncooked)
- 8 large cabbage leaves
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 250 g lean pork mince
- 50 g packet reduced-salt cream of chicken soup mix
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup chives, chopped
- 3 spring onions (including green tops), chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large capsicum, seeded and finely diced
- 425 g can no-added-salt diced tomatoes
- Cook rice following packet directions and cool.
- Preheat oven to 180 °C.
- Blanch cabbage leaves in boiling water for 1–2 minutes until soft, drain onto a clean tea towel and remove coarse stems.
- Combine remaining ingredients except canned tomatoes. Divide between the cabbage leaves and fold into rolls, ensuring the filling is enclosed.
- Place seam side down and pack tightly in an oblong baking dish.
- Spoon over crushed tomatoes and cover tightly with foil. Bake for 1 hour.
Recipe from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia, 2012. Reproduced with permission
- Substitute chicken or beef for pork mince.
- Add 50g grated parmesan cheese to the rice mixture for added flavour.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1233 kJ||292 kJ|
|Protein||19.3 g||4.6 g|
|Fat, total||6.5 g||1.5 g|
|— saturated||2.1 g||0.5 g|
|Carbohydrate||36.3 g||8.6 g|
|— sugars||10.4 g||2.5 g|
|Sodium||829.8 mg||196.8 mg|
|Fibre||5.5 g||1.3 g|
You might also like
Mexican Mince - Loaded Potato Style
This mince is so versatile, check out the variations or invent your own!
Cottage Kangaroo Pie
Perfect for a cold winter's night, this shepherd's pie is packed full of flavour.