Healthy Fish & Chips Recipe
- 500 g sweet potato, cut into wedges
- spray olive or canola oil spray
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 egg
- 200 g firm white boneless fish fillet
- 1 cup mixed salad or baby spinach leaves
- 1 tomato
- 1/4 cucumber
- 1/2 lemon
- Preheat oven to 230° C and line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Spread potatoes in a single layer on a tray, spray liberally with oil and bake for 15 minutes on top shelf of the oven.
- Combine breadcrumbs and herbs in a shallow dish. Fill a separate shallow bowl with beaten egg. Dip fish in egg wash, shake off excess so it is damp but not wet. Add fish to breadcrumb mixture, turning to make sure it is well coated and gently press on crumbs. Spray liberally with oil.
- Turn wedges over and add the fish to the tray. Bake for 10 minutes until fish is golden and cooked through and wedges are crisp.
- Divide between plates and serve with salad and lemon on the side.
Comment: *To make this gluten-free, use gluten-free breadcrumbs or crushed up rice bubbles/ corn flakes.
Chilli, lemon and herbs add flavour - great alternatives to butter and salt!
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||2067 kJ||443 kJ|
|Protein||38 g||8 g|
|Fat, total||10 g||2 g|
|— saturated||1 g||0.3 g|
|Carbohydrate||57 g||12 g|
|— sugars||16 g||3 g|
|Sodium||396 mg||85 mg|
|Fibre||11 g||2 g|
You might also like
Tuna & Lemon Pasta
Don’t let the simple ingredients fool you- this fresh-flavoured dish is sure to impress