Healthy Chicken & Cashew Stir Fry Recipe
- 2/3 cup brown rice (uncooked)
- spray olive or canola oil spray
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tsp reduced-salt soy sauce
- 150 g skinless chicken breast, chopped
- 2 tbs unsalted roasted cashews
- 1 cup broccoli
- 3 tsp honey
- 1 tbs oyster sauce
- 1 cup snow pea, stalks removed
- 2 spring onions (including green tops), sliced
- Cook rice according to packet instructions.
- Combine garlic, ginger, soy sauce, pepper and chicken in a small bowl; set aside to marinate while vegetables are prepared.
- Heat a non-stick wok or large frypan to high. Add cashews and dry-fry for a minute or until browned; remove from pan and set aside.
- Spray pan with oil and heat to high. Add the chicken (with its marinade) and stir-fry for 2 minutes until browned. Set aside.
- Respray pan with oil, add broccoli and stir-fry for 3 minutes, until just tender.
- Add honey, oyster sauce and 2 tablespoons water to the pan along with snow peas, spring onions and chicken including any juices; stir-fry for another 3 minutes till heated through.
- Divide rice and chicken stir-fry between plates and serve sprinkled with cashews.
We are family! Enjoy some quality time together at the dinner table and switch off all other distractions.
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||2177 kJ||415 kJ|
|Protein||36 g||7 g|
|Fat, total||10 g||2 g|
|— saturated||2 g||0.3 g|
|Carbohydrate||64 g||12 g|
|— sugars||18 g||4 g|
|Sodium||1163 mg||221 mg|
|Fibre||14 g||3 g|
You might also like
Teriyaki Chicken Drumsticks with Brown Rice Salad
Big on flavour, these drumsticks are perfect for a picnic or midweek dinner
Chicken & Cashew Stir Fry with Cauliflower Rice
A delicious stir-fry packed with vegies served with an interesting turn on rice.