Healthy Fragrant Chicken & Noodle Lettuce Wraps Recipe
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup coriander stalks and leaves
- 2 tbs lime juice
- 2 tbs white vinegar
- 1 tbs sweet chilli sauce
- 200 g chicken tenderloin
- 100 g rice noodles
- 2 tsp red curry paste
- 1 x 165 g can reduced-fat coconut milk
- spray olive or canola oil spray
- 8 leaves lettuce
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 spring onions (including green tops), finely chopped
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 tbs unsalted peanuts, crushed
- Very finely chop garlic and half the coriander and mix with the lime juice and vinegar. Pour half of this mixture into a small bowl and mix it with the sweet chilli sauce to make the dipping sauce.
- Use the other half of the coriander mixture to marinate the chicken for at least 20 minutes (or overnight if you have time).
- Cook noodles according to packet instructions.
- Heat a small saucepan and cook curry paste, stirring for a couple of minutes, until fragrant. Add coconut milk, mix well and simmer for 1 minute. Remove from heat and mix in the noodles.
- Spray a grill pan with oil and place on high heat. Cook chicken pieces for 3-4 minutes each side.
- To serve, place chicken in a lettuce cup leaf. Top with noodles, vegetables coriander and peanuts. Spoon over a little dipping sauce and roll up to eat.
Chilli, lemon and herbs add flavour - great alternatives to butter and salt!
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||2075 kJ||320 kJ|
|Protein||33 g||5 g|
|Fat, total||17 g||3 g|
|— saturated||7 g||1 g|
|Carbohydrate||45 g||7 g|
|— sugars||11 g||2 g|
|Sodium||564 mg||87 mg|
|Fibre||9 g||1 g|
You might also like
Chicken & Cashew Stir Fry with Cauliflower Rice
A delicious stir-fry packed with vegies served with an interesting turn on rice.