Healthy Sausage & Lentil Stew Recipe
- spray olive or canola oil spray
- 4 sausages
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 x 400g can no-added-salt brown lentils, drained
- 1/2 tsp reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Heat oil in a pan or frypan that has a lid.
- Gently fry the sausages for 5-10 minutes to give them a brown colour. Slice them up or leave them whole.
- Add the onions and garlic and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and ¼ cup of water, stir well and put the lid on and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender and the sausages are cooked through. Check after 5 minutes and add more water if needed.
Vegies are a great source of healthy nutrients. Try to include extra vegetables at lunch and dinner.
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||2075 kJ||582 kJ|
|Protein||27 g||8 g|
|Fat, total||24 g||7 g|
|— saturated||10 g||3 g|
|Carbohydrate||36 g||10 g|
|— sugars||7 g||2 g|
|Sodium||644 mg||181 mg|
|Fibre||13 g||4 g|
You might also like
Moroccan Beef with Couscous
You'll love this new take on steak, inspired by the exotic tastes of Northern Africa.