- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 skinless chicken thigh fillets, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 medium brown onion, chopped
- 150 g button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 sticks celery, sliced
- 1 medium capsicum, seeded and diced
- 1 tbs plain flour
- 1 cup salt-reduced chicken stock
- 2 tbs no-added-salt tomato paste
- 6 spring onions (including green tops), chopped
- Brush frying pan with oil. Saute chicken for 5–6 minutes until almost cooked.
- Add garlic and onion, cooking until onion is translucent.
- Add mushrooms, celery and capsicum.
- In a small bowl combine flour and stock. Mix in tomato paste and stir until smooth. Pour onto chicken and stir well until mixture bubbles and thickens.
- Cover and cook for 7–10 minutes until capsicum and celery are tender.
- Stir through spring onions and serve.
Recipe from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia, 2012. Reproduced with permission.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1032 kJ||378 kJ|
|Protein||24.9 g||9.1 g|
|Fat, total||8.9 g||3.2 g|
|— saturated||2.5 g||0.9 g|
|Carbohydrate||8.6 g||3.2 g|
|— sugars||5.3 g||1.9 g|
|Sodium||118.1 mg||43.2 mg|
|Fibre||3.8 g||1.4 g|
You might also like
Fragrant Chicken & Noodle Lettuce Wraps 3-2-1
Fast, fresh and fragrant. Also makes a great salad if you can't be bothered with the lettuce cups!
Chicken Pad Thai
Put your own spin on this dish by tweaking the lime, chilli and coriander to your liking.