Healthy Lemon & Herb Roast Chicken With Vegies Recipe
- olive or canola oil spray
- 1 whole chicken (1.8kg)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbs dried mixed herbs
- 2 lemons
- 4 medium potatoes , skin on, halved
- 1/2 pumpkin, cut into chunks
- 4 whole onions, peeled
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Lightly spray a large roasting tray with the oil.
- Pat dry the chicken with paper towel.
- In a small bowl, mix together garlic, mixed herbs and a generous amount of pepper.
- Rub the mix all over the skin of the chicken and inside.
- Pierce the lemons all over with a knife. Put the lemons inside the cavity of the chicken. Place the chicken, breast side up, onto the roasting tray and cook for 45 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix potato, pumpkin, onions and oil.
- Remove chicken from oven. Carefully turn chicken over to cook breast side down. Add vegetable mix evenly around the chicken.
- Bake for a further 40-45 minutes or until juices run clear when the chicken thigh is pierced with a skewer.
- Remove chicken from oven, cover with foil and set aside to rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Comment: For an extra lemony flavour, squeeze the cooked lemon over the chicken just before serving.
Chilli, lemon and herbs add flavour - great alternatives to butter and salt!
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1854 kJ||428 kJ|
|443 Cal||102 Cal|
|Protein||48.5 g||11.2 g|
|Fat, total||11.8 g||2.7 g|
|— saturated||2.4 g||0.6 g|
|Carbohydrate||30.6 g||7.1 g|
|— sugars||10.6 g||2.4 g|
|Sodium||124.3 mg||28.7 mg|
|Fibre||7.5 g||1.7 g|