Healthy Chicken Cacciatore Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups pasta shapes (spiral or bows), to make 2 cups cooked
- spray olive or canola oil spray
- 200 g skinless chicken breast, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 capsicum, chopped
- 100 g mushroom, chopped
- 1 x 400g can no-added-salt diced tomatoes
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 2 tbs salt-reduced tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup olives
- 1 sprinkle chilli flake, optional
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions. Drain well and set aside.
- Place a large non-stick frypan on high heat and spray with oil. Add chicken and stir-fry for 4 minutes until browned but not completely cooked. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, cook onion till softened, stirring often. Add garlic, capsicum, mushrooms and and fresh tomato and cook for another3 minutes.
- Add tinned tomatoes, chicken and olives, season with chilli flakes and simmer for 5 minutes or longer if times permits.
- Mix cooked pasta and basil through sauce and serve with black pepper.
We are family! Enjoy some quality time together at the dinner table and switch off all other distractions.
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||2154 kJ||297 kJ|
|Protein||48 g||7 g|
|Fat, total||6 g||1 g|
|— saturated||1 g||0.2 g|
|Carbohydrate||58 g||8 g|
|— sugars||20 g||3 g|
|Sodium||641 mg||88 mg|
|Fibre||13 g||2 g|
You might also like
Asian Chicken Salad
Showcasing the four key tastes of Thai cooking: salty, sweet and slightly sour with a hint of spice.
Lemon & Herb Roast Chicken with Vegies
A traditional roast with fresh flavours that is sure to be a hit!