Healthy Chicken Cacciatore Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups pasta shapes (spiral or bows), to make 2 cups cooked
- spray olive or canola oil spray
- 200 g skinless chicken breast, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 capsicum, chopped
- 100 g mushroom, chopped
- 1 x 400g can no-added-salt diced tomatoes
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 2 tbs salt-reduced tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup olives
- 1 sprinkle chilli flake, optional
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions. Drain well and set aside.
- Place a large non-stick frypan on high heat and spray with oil. Add chicken and stir-fry for 4 minutes until browned but not completely cooked. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, cook onion till softened, stirring often. Add garlic, capsicum, mushrooms and and fresh tomato and cook for another3 minutes.
- Add tinned tomatoes, chicken and olives, season with chilli flakes and simmer for 5 minutes or longer if times permits.
- Mix cooked pasta and basil through sauce and serve with black pepper.
Comment: *To make this dish gluten free, use gluten free pasta or noodles
We are family! Enjoy some quality time together at the dinner table and switch off all other distractions.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||2154 kJ||297 kJ|
|Protein||48 g||7 g|
|Fat, total||6 g||1 g|
|— saturated||1 g||0.2 g|
|Carbohydrate||58 g||8 g|
|— sugars||20 g||3 g|
|Sodium||641 mg||88 mg|
|Fibre||13 g||2 g|
You might also like
Chicken & Noodle Lettuce Wraps
Love Sang Choy Bow? A dash of curry adds a spicy kick to this Chinese classic.