Healthy Teriyaki Chicken Drumsticks With Brown Rice Salad Recipe
- For the chicken:
- 2 tbs plain flour
- 2 tbs water
- 1 tbs sugar
- 1/4 cup reduced-salt soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- For the salad:
- 3 cups cooked brown rice (from 1 cup uncooked rice)
- 6 spring onions (including green tops), sliced
- 1 green capsicum, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sultanas
- 1 cup frozen corn kernel
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- For the dressing:
- 2 tbs reduced-salt soy sauce
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In a small saucepan, combine the ingredients for the teriyaki chicken sauce and mix well.
- Over a low heat, cook the sauce, stirring frequently until it thickens and bubbles.
- Place the chicken drumsticks in a large baking dish and pour over the sauce and mix so chicken is coated.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Then turn the chicken over and bake for another 20 minutes or until no longer pink and juices run clear.
- In a large salad bowl, place rice and remaining ingredients and mix well.
Variation: Substitute the chicken drumstick for boneless chicken thigh. Cook for 15 minutes before turning over to cook for another 15 minutes.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||2566 kJ||574 kJ|
|Protein||36.7 g||8.2 g|
|Fat, total||15.9 g||3.6 g|
|— saturated||4.6 g||1 g|
|Carbohydrate||77 g||17.2 g|
|— sugars||17.2 g||3.8 g|
|Sodium||1153.1 mg||257.9 mg|
|Fibre||6 g||1.3 g|
You might also like
Spicy Orange Chicken with Baked Vegie Parcels
Mouth watering, orange spiced chicken on a bed of veg - sure to become a family favourite!