Healthy Chicken & Cashew Stir Fry Recipe
- 2/3 cup brown rice (uncooked)
- spray olive or canola oil spray
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tsp reduced-salt soy sauce
- 150 g skinless chicken breast, chopped
- 2 tbs unsalted roasted cashews
- 1 cup broccoli
- 3 tsp honey
- 1 tbs oyster sauce
- 1 cup snow pea, stalks removed
- 2 spring onions (including green tops), sliced
- Cook rice according to packet instructions.
- Combine garlic, ginger, soy sauce, pepper and chicken in a small bowl; set aside to marinate while vegetables are prepared.
- Heat a non-stick wok or large frypan to high. Add cashews and dry-fry for a minute or until browned; remove from pan and set aside.
- Spray pan with oil and heat to high. Add the chicken (with its marinade) and stir-fry for 2 minutes until browned. Set aside.
- Respray pan with oil, add broccoli and stir-fry for 3 minutes, until just tender.
- Add honey, oyster sauce and 2 tablespoons water to the pan along with snow peas, spring onions and chicken including any juices; stir-fry for another 3 minutes till heated through.
- Divide rice and chicken stir-fry between plates and serve sprinkled with cashews.
Comment: *To make this dish gluten free check your sauces as some may contain gluten.
Chilli, lemon and herbs add flavour - great alternatives to butter and salt!
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||2177 kJ||415 kJ|
|Protein||36 g||7 g|
|Fat, total||10 g||2 g|
|— saturated||2 g||0.3 g|
|Carbohydrate||64 g||12 g|
|— sugars||18 g||4 g|
|Sodium||1163 mg||221 mg|
|Fibre||14 g||3 g|
You might also like
Lemon & Herb Roast Chicken with Vegies
A traditional roast with fresh flavours that is sure to be a hit!