Healthy Homemade Pizza Recipe
- 2 23cm pizza base (dinner plate size)
- 4 tbs no-added-salt tomato paste
- 1 cooked or BBQ chicken breast, chopped
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 capsicum, thinly sliced
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup reduced-fat mozzarella cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced).
- Spread tomato paste evenly over pizza bases.
- Top with spinach leaves, onion, chicken, capsicum strips and tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with cheese and place on a baking tray, pizza stone or wire rack.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted and base is crisp.
Variation: Use whatever tomato products you have in the pantry; tomato sauce, tomato paste, canned tomatoes, fresh cooked tomatoes and tomato passata will all work! Try pita bread, tortillas, wraps, English muffins or Turkish bread as the base.
Comment: Cold pizza is great for lunchboxes.
We are family! Enjoy some quality time together at the dinner table and switch off all other distractions.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1950 kJ||536 kJ|
|Protein||37.3 g||10.2 g|
|Fat, total||10.2 g||2.8 g|
|— saturated||4.6 g||1.3 g|
|Carbohydrate||51.8 g||0 g|
|— sugars||10.2 g||2.8 g|
|Sodium||580 mg||159 mg|
|Fibre||6.8 g||1.9 g|
You might also like
Chicken Pad Thai
Put your own spin on this dish by tweaking the lime, chilli and coriander to your liking.