Healthy Chicken Fried Rice Recipe
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1/2 brown onion, thinly sliced
- 200 g skinless chicken breast, chopped
- 3 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 250 g cooked brown rice
- 1 tbs reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 tbs sweet chilli sauce
- 3 tbs unsalted roasted cashews
- Heat oil in a large wok or frypan and add onion. Cook, stirring for 2 mins, until onions are starting to soften.
- Add the chicken and cook for 3 mins, until outside is golden brown.
- Add frozen mixed vegetables and continue to cook on a high heat, stirring often, until the vegies are defrosted and the chicken is cooked through.
- Add the rice, sweet chilli sauce and soy sauce and cook, stirring, till rice is hot.
- Serve, and sprinkle with roasted cashews.
- Use any combinations of fresh and frozen vegetable - use up whatever you have!
- Try frozen prawns or a quick omelette instead of chicken.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with fresh chilli and a squeeze of lime.
Comment: Use ready-cooked sachets of brown rice from the supermarket, or prepare your own for a cheaper option. Fried rice works best with cold rice, so is great for using up leftovers!
We are family! Enjoy some quality time together at the dinner table and switch off all other distractions.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||2168 kJ||467 kJ|
|Protein||41 g||9 g|
|Fat, total||13 g||3 g|
|— saturated||2 g||0.5 g|
|Carbohydrate||53 g||11 g|
|— sugars||10 g||2 g|
|Sodium||600 mg||129 mg|
|Fibre||11 g||2 g|
You might also like
Chicken Pad Thai
Put your own spin on this dish by tweaking the lime, chilli and coriander to your liking.