Healthy Chicken Fried Rice Recipe
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1/2 brown onion, thinly sliced
- 200 g skinless chicken breast, chopped
- 3 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 250 g cooked brown rice
- 1 tbs reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 tbs sweet chilli sauce
- 3 tbs unsalted roasted cashews
- Heat oil in a large wok or frypan and add onion. Cook, stirring for 2 mins, until onions are starting to soften.
- Add the chicken and cook for 3 mins, until outside is golden brown.
- Add frozen mixed vegetables and continue to cook on a high heat, stirring often, until the vegies are defrosted and the chicken is cooked through.
- Add the rice, sweet chilli sauce and soy sauce and cook, stirring, till rice is hot.
- Serve, and sprinkle with roasted cashews.
- Use any combinations of fresh and frozen vegetable - use up whatever you have!
- Try frozen prawns or a quick omelette instead of chicken.
We are family! Enjoy some quality time together at the dinner table and switch off all other distractions.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||2168 kJ||467 kJ|
|Protein||41 g||9 g|
|Fat, total||13 g||3 g|
|— saturated||2 g||0.5 g|
|Carbohydrate||53 g||11 g|
|— sugars||10 g||2 g|
|Sodium||600 mg||129 mg|
|Fibre||11 g||2 g|
You might also like
Chicken & Cashew Stir Fry with Cauliflower Rice
A delicious stir-fry packed with vegies served with an interesting turn on rice.
One Pan Mexican Chicken 3-2-1
Vibrant colours, big flavours and hardly any dishes. A weeknight winner!