Healthy Chicken Fried Rice Recipe
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1/2 brown onion, thinly sliced
- 200 g skinless chicken breast, chopped
- 3 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 250 g cooked brown rice
- 1 tbs reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 tbs sweet chilli sauce
- 3 tbs unsalted roasted cashews
- Heat oil in a large wok or frypan and add onion. Cook, stirring for 2 mins, until onions are starting to soften.
- Add the chicken and cook for 3 mins, until outside is golden brown.
- Add frozen mixed vegetables and continue to cook on a high heat, stirring often, until the vegies are defrosted and the chicken is cooked through.
- Add the rice, sweet chilli sauce and soy sauce and cook, stirring, till rice is hot.
- Serve, and sprinkle with roasted cashews.
- Use any combinations of fresh and frozen vegetable - use up whatever you have!
- Try frozen prawns or a quick omelette instead of chicken.
Chilli, lemon and herbs add flavour - great alternatives to butter and salt!
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||2168 kJ||467 kJ|
|Protein||41 g||9 g|
|Fat, total||13 g||3 g|
|— saturated||2 g||0.5 g|
|Carbohydrate||53 g||11 g|
|— sugars||10 g||2 g|
|Sodium||600 mg||129 mg|
|Fibre||11 g||2 g|
You might also like
Baked Chicken Parma with Sweet Potato Mash
A healthy version of a classic chicken dish – a crustless parma topped with Mediterranean vegetables
Teriyaki Chicken Drumsticks with Brown Rice Salad
Big on flavour, these drumsticks are perfect for a picnic or midweek dinner
Chicken Pad Thai
Put your own spin on this dish by tweaking the lime, chilli and coriander to your liking.