Healthy Chicken Cacciatore Pasta Recipe
- 300 g wholemeal penne or spirals
- olive or canola oil spray
- 2 small skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-3cm pieces
- 1 large brown onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 red capsicums, seeded and cut into 2-3cm pieces
- 400 g mushroom, sliced
- 2 x 400 g cans no-added-salt diced tomatoes with basil, onion and garlic
- 1/2 cup olives
- 1 cup basil leaves, shredded
- sprinkle chilli flake, optional
- basil leaves, extra, to serve
- Bring a medium-sized saucepan of water to the boil.
- Add pasta to boiling water and cook for 14 minutes until just tender, or according to packet instructions. Drain well and set aside.
- Place a large non-stick frypan on high heat and spray with oil. Add chicken and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until browned, transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Reheat pan on high, spray with oil and cook onion for 3 minutes until softened, stirring often. Add garlic, capsicum and mushrooms and cook for a further 3 minutes. Stir through tinned tomatoes and olives, season with pepper and simmer for 5 minutes or longer if times permits.
- Add in chicken with any juices, basil and chilli flakes and heat for 2 minutes until cooked through, taking care not to overcook chicken.
- Mix cooked pasta through sauce and serve immediately topped with torn basil.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||2177 kJ||345 kJ|
|Protein||44.4 g||7 g|
|Fat, total||7.7 g||1.2 g|
|— saturated||1.1 g||0.2 g|
|Carbohydrate||58.4 g||9.2 g|
|— sugars||12.5 g||2 g|
|Sodium||1046 mg||165.9 mg|
|Fibre||16.8 g||2.6 g|
You might also like
Spicy Orange Chicken with Baked Vegie Parcels
Mouth watering, orange spiced chicken on a bed of veg - sure to become a family favourite!