Healthy Chicken Vegetable Stir Fry Recipe
- 2 cups rice (uncooked)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 250 g skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 medium brown onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 stick celery, sliced
- 1 red capsicum, seeded and diced
- 125 g snow pea, ends trimmed
- 1 bunch bok choy, roughly chopped
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 2 tbs reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1/2 cup salt-reduced chicken stock
- 1 tbs sweet chilli sauce
- Cook rice following packet directions.
- While cooking, heat oil in a wok or large pan and stir-fry chicken until almost cooked.
- Add garlic, onion, carrots, celery and capsicum to the wok and cook for 2 minutes.
- Return chicken to the pan, add snow peas and bok choy and cook for 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl mix cornflour and soy sauce to a smooth paste then stir in stock and chilli sauce. Pour into stir-fry and heat through.
- Serve with rice.
Recipe from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia, 2012. Reproduced with permission.
- Use lean pork loin instead of chicken.
- Try noodles instead of rice.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||2653 kJ||453 kJ|
|Protein||29.4 g||5 g|
|Fat, total||6 g||1 g|
|— saturated||1.2 g||0.2 g|
|Carbohydrate||108.4 g||18.5 g|
|— sugars||8.7 g||1.5 g|
|Sodium||619.4 mg||111.9 mg|
|Fibre||10.7 g||1.8 g|