Healthy Chicken Pizza Recipe
- 2 wholemeal or wholegrain wraps
- 2 tbs passata (tomato puree)
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 180 g cooked chicken, shredded
- 1/2 capsicum, thinly sliced
- 5 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cucumber, chopped
- Preheat oven to 220ºC (200ºC fan-forced).
- Spread tomato paste evenly over pizza base. Top with sliced onion, chicken, capsicum strips and tomato. Sprinkle with mixed herbs and cheese and place on a baking tray, pizza stone or wire rack.
- Bake for 5 minutes until cheese is melted then cover with foil to prevent burning. Bake for a further 5 minutes until base is crisp.
- Serve with a simple salad of baby spinach, carrot and cucumber.
- Make mini pizzas on English muffin halves. Perfect for lunchboxes!
- Other excellent toppings include mushrooms, pineapple, olives and kidney beans
Comment: * To make this dish gluten free, use a gluten free wrap or pizza base
We are family! Enjoy some quality time together at the dinner table and switch off all other distractions.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||2098 kJ||462 kJ|
|Protein||45 g||10 g|
|Fat, total||15 g||3 g|
|— saturated||6 g||1 g|
|Carbohydrate||42 g||9 g|
|— sugars||12 g||3 g|
|Sodium||901 mg||199 mg|
|Fibre||9 g||2 g|
You might also like
Chicken Pad Thai
Put your own spin on this dish by tweaking the lime, chilli and coriander to your liking.