Healthy Chicken Pad Thai Recipe
- 250 g rice noodles
- 2 tbs fish sauce
- 2 tbs reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tbs sugar
- 500 g skinless chicken breast, sliced into strips
- 1 spray olive or canola oil spray
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 carrots, sliced into strips
- 1 capsicum, sliced into strips
- 12 snow peas, sliced into strips
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 4 tbs unsalted peanuts, crushed
- Add 6 cups boiling water to a large bowl, add noodles and soak for 5-10 minutes. Drain noodles using strainer.
- Mix fish sauce, soy sauce, 1/4 cup water, lime juice and sugar in a small bowl.
- Turn fry pan onto medium heat and spray with oil. Cook chicken for 5 minutes until brown. Set aside.
- Spray frypan with oil, add garlic, carrots and capsicum and stir fry for 5 minutes.
- Add sauce, chicken, bean sprouts and noodles to frypan, mix together and turn frypan off. Sprinkle nuts on top.
Recipe from Foodbank WA’s Food Sensations® for Adults program, reproduced with permission www.foodbankwa.org.au/food-sensations-for-adults/
We are family! Enjoy some quality time together at the dinner table and switch off all other distractions.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1523 kJ||545 kJ|
|Protein||32 g||11.4 g|
|Fat, total||6.4 g||2.3 g|
|— saturated||1.1 g||0.4 g|
|Carbohydrate||41.2 g||14.8 g|
|— sugars||9.2 g||3.3 g|
|Sodium||1406 mg||503 mg|
|Fibre||5.5 g||2 g|
You might also like
Spicy Orange Chicken with Baked Vegie Parcels
Mouth watering, orange spiced chicken on a bed of veg - sure to become a family favourite!
Chicken & Cashew Stir Fry with Cauliflower Rice
A delicious stir-fry packed with vegies served with an interesting turn on rice.
Fragrant Chicken & Noodle Lettuce Wraps 3-2-1
Fast, fresh and fragrant. Also makes a great salad if you can't be bothered with the lettuce cups!