Healthy Chicken Pad Thai Recipe
- 250 g rice noodles
- 2 tbs fish sauce
- 2 tbs reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tbs sugar
- 500 g skinless chicken breast, sliced into strips
- 1 spray olive or canola oil spray
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 carrots, sliced into strips
- 1 capsicum, sliced into strips
- 12 snow peas, sliced into strips
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 4 tbs unsalted peanuts, crushed
- Add 6 cups boiling water to a large bowl, add noodles and soak for 5-10 minutes. Drain noodles using strainer.
- Mix fish sauce, soy sauce, 1/4 cup water, lime juice and sugar in a small bowl.
- Turn fry pan onto medium heat and spray with oil. Cook chicken for 5 minutes until brown. Set aside.
- Spray frypan with oil, add garlic, carrots and capsicum and stir fry for 5 minutes.
- Add sauce, chicken, bean sprouts and noodles to frypan, mix together and turn frypan off. Sprinkle nuts on top.
Recipe from Foodbank WA’s Food Sensations® for Adults program, reproduced with permission www.foodbankwa.org.au/food-sensations-for-adults/
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1523 kJ||545 kJ|
|Protein||32 g||11.4 g|
|Fat, total||6.4 g||2.3 g|
|— saturated||1.1 g||0.4 g|
|Carbohydrate||41.2 g||14.8 g|
|— sugars||9.2 g||3.3 g|
|Sodium||1406 mg||503 mg|
|Fibre||5.5 g||2 g|
You might also like
Baked Chicken Parma with Sweet Potato Mash
A healthy version of a classic chicken dish – a crustless parma topped with Mediterranean vegetables
Asian Chicken Salad
Showcasing the four key tastes of Thai cooking: salty, sweet and slightly sour with a hint of spice.