Healthy Mexi-Chicken Bake Recipe
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 capsicums, chopped
- 2 x 400g cans baked beans (Mexican flavoured)
- 400 g skinless chicken breast, sliced in half lengthways and chopped
- 1 cup reduced-fat mozzarella cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced).
- Combine onion, capsicum and canned beans in a large ovenproof dish.
- Place chicken pieces into bean mix and press down so they are covered by sauce.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then remove foil, sprinkle with cheese and bake for a further 5 – 10 minutes until chicken is cooked through and cheese has browned.
- Divide between plates and serve immediately.
- Add chilli flakes and fresh coriander for extra flavour.
- Mexican flavoured baked beans are usually in the supermarket with the baked beans. If unavailable, swap for:
- - No-added-salt baked beans + 1 tablespoon smoked paprika + 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- - Red kidney beans or other beans + jar of salsa
Serving Suggestion: Serve with tortillas, bread or rice.
Comment: *To make the dish dairy-free replace the mozzarella cheese with a dairy-free cheese alternative or swap for a breadcrumb and herb topper.
We are family! Enjoy some quality time together at the dinner table and switch off all other distractions.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1859 kJ||385 kJ|
|Protein||43.9 g||9.1 g|
|Fat, total||10.5 g||2.2 g|
|— saturated||5.3 g||1.1 g|
|Carbohydrate||29.5 g||6.1 g|
|— sugars||12.7 g||2.6 g|
|Sodium||999 mg||207 mg|
|Fibre||14.9 g||3.1 g|
You might also like
One Pan Mexican Chicken 3-2-1
Vibrant colours, big flavours and hardly any dishes. A weeknight winner!