Healthy Tropical Sorbet Recipe
- 440 g can crushed pineapple in natural juice, frozen
- 1 ripe banana, frozen
- pulp of 1 large passionfruit
- Roughly chop frozen fruit and place in the bowl of a food processor.
- Process until fruit becomes granular. Scrape down sides of bowl with a spatula and process again. Repeat 4-5 times until fruit mixture is a smooth, thick and creamy texture.
- Spoon into bowls and serve immediately with fresh fruit, if desired.
Sorbet can be frozen in an airtight container; remove from freezer 30 minutes before serving to soften.
Ripe peeled bananas can be frozen individually in zip-lock bags or plastic wrap for use in sorbet and fruit smoothies. Freeze until solid for at least 4 hours or overnight before processing.
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||464 kJ||274 kJ|
|Protein||2 g||1 g|
|Fat, total||0.8 g||0.5 g|
|— saturated||0.2 g||0.1 g|
|Carbohydrate||23 g||14 g|
|— sugars||21 g||13 g|
|Sodium||7 mg||4 mg|
|Fibre||3 g||2 g|
You might also like
Coco Mango Chia Pudding
Perfect for your next dinner party or an on-the-go breakfast, this versatile chia pudding looks good and tastes even better!