Healthy Mini Carrot Cakes Recipe
- olive or canola oil spray
- 1 1/2 cups wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tbs oil or margarine
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat milk
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 400 g can crushed pineapple in natural juice, drained
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, grated and squeezed of extra moisture
- 1/4 cup sultanas
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper liners or spray tins with oil spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, cinnamon, ginger and sugar.
- In a medium bowl, add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Add this wet mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Divide the mixture into the muffin tin. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean.
Having a party? Serve vegie sticks and water crackers with salsa rather than high-fat chips and dips.
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||638 kJ||900 kJ|
|Protein||2.9 g||4.1 g|
|Fat, total||5.5 g||7.8 g|
|— saturated||0.5 g||0.8 g|
|Carbohydrate||21.6 g||30.4 g|
|— sugars||10.2 g||14.3 g|
|Sodium||273.5 mg||385.8 mg|
|Fibre||3.2 g||4.6 g|
You might also like
Chickpeas are the secret hero ingredient that makes this peanut butter and banana sensation extra creamy!