Healthy Mini Carrot Cakes Recipe
- olive or canola oil spray
- 1 1/2 cups wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tbs oil or margarine
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat milk
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 400 g can crushed pineapple in natural juice, drained
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, grated and squeezed of extra moisture
- 1/4 cup sultanas
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper liners or spray tins with oil spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, cinnamon, ginger and sugar.
- In a medium bowl, add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Add this wet mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Divide the mixture into the muffin tin. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean.
Having a party? Serve vegie sticks and water crackers with salsa rather than high-fat chips and dips.
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||638 kJ||900 kJ|
|Protein||2.9 g||4.1 g|
|Fat, total||5.5 g||7.8 g|
|— saturated||0.5 g||0.8 g|
|Carbohydrate||21.6 g||30.4 g|
|— sugars||10.2 g||14.3 g|
|Sodium||273.5 mg||385.8 mg|
|Fibre||3.2 g||4.6 g|
You might also like
Peach & Rosemary Iced Tea
Enjoy this beautiful peach and rosemary tea with Sunday roast, at a dinner party or during a celebratory picnic in the park.
Chickpeas are the secret hero ingredient that makes this peanut butter and banana sensation extra creamy!
Warm Broccoli Dip
Great with vegetable sticks and crackers, this healthy dip is a real crowd pleaser!