Healthy Low Fat Pita Crisps Recipe
- 6 Lebanese pita bread
- olive or canola oil spray
- 1 tbs smoked paprika
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Spray each side of the Lebanese bread with olive oil spray.
- Sprinkle spice on one side of the bread.
- Cut each pita bread into 8 even size triangles.
- Place in a single layer on 2 lined baking trays.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes or until bread is crisp.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool then serve with dips and vegetable sticks.
Recipe from More Deadly Tucker cookbook (2013), North Metropolitan Health Service © State of Western Australia, reproduced with permission. Order the More Deadly Tucker cookbook here.
Having a party? Serve vegie sticks and water crackers with salsa rather than high-fat chips and dips.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||537 kJ||1195 kJ|
|Protein||4.2 g||9.3 g|
|Fat, total||2.5 g||5.7 g|
|— saturated||0.5 g||1.2 g|
|Carbohydrate||21 g||46.8 g|
|— sugars||1.4 g||3.1 g|
|Sodium||147 mg||328 mg|
|Fibre||2 g||4.5 g|
You might also like
Garlic Roasted Chickpeas
These crunchy spiced chickpeas are perfect for party nibbles or a quick, healthy snack.