Healthy Guac-On Recipe
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/2 cup coriander stalks and leaves, finely chopped
- to taste pepper
- 1 tsp chilli powder, optional
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the stone. Scoop the flesh into a bowl and use a fork
to mash until almost smooth.
- Add the red onion, garlic, coriander and tomato to the avocado.
- Mix two tablespoons of lime juice into the avocado mixture.
- Taste and season with pepper and optional chilli.
Recipe from Foodbank WA’s Food Sensations® for Adults program, reproduced with permission www.foodbankwa.org.au/food-sensations-for-adults/
Having a party? Serve vegie sticks and water crackers with salsa rather than high-fat chips and dips.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||270 kJ||402 kJ|
|Protein||1 g||1.4 g|
|Fat, total||5.8 g||8.6 g|
|— saturated||1.3 g||1.9 g|
|Carbohydrate||1.2 g||1.8 g|
|— sugars||1.1 g||1.6 g|
|Sodium||4 mg||7 mg|
|Fibre||1.7 g||2.5 g|