Healthy Ski Slopes Recipe
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 6 cloves
- 3 slices fresh ginger
- 1 star anise
- 8 frozen blackberries
- 4 dried apple rings
- 4 slices orange
- Combine all ingredients except orange slices in a saucepan.
- Bring to boil. Simmer for 5 minutes with the lid on. Simmer for 5 minutes with the lid partly off.
- Turn off the heat and add orange slices.
- Serve immediately, or let infuse for longer for a spicier drink.
Variation: Can also be served chilled.
Serving Suggestion: While it's tempting to add the orange slices while cooking, you'll end up with a bitter brew if you do this!
Comment: Please note, nutrition information shown includes the apple rings, blackberries and orange slices.
Having a party? Serve vegie sticks and water crackers with salsa rather than high-fat chips and dips.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||234 kJ||66 kJ|
|Protein||0.6 g||0.2 g|
|Fat, total||0.1 g||0 g|
|— saturated||0 g||0 g|
|Carbohydrate||12.4 g||3.5 g|
|— sugars||12 g||3.4 g|
|Sodium||19 mg||5 mg|
|Fibre||2 g||0.6 g|
You might also like
Iced London Fog
We’ve adapted the classic British beverage to help you stay cool in a sweltering Australian summer.