Healthy Iced London Fog Recipe
- 3 Earl grey tea bags
- 2/3 cup boiling water
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat milk
- 2 tsp maple syrup or golden syrup
- 1/4 tsp vanilla essence, optional
- Add tea bags and boiling water to a heat proof jug.
- Brew the tea, jiggling the tea bags occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Remove tea bags, add milk, maple syrup and vanilla essence (if using).
- Chill for at least 2 hours in the fridge.
- For a stronger Earl Grey tea taste, use more teabags rather than a longer brew time. Tea can become bitter if brewed for too long. A long brew (e.g. overnight) in cold water can also give a nice strong taste without becoming too bitter.
- You can substitute cow’s milk with a plant-based milk alternative like soy (choose one that is fortified with calcium).
Having a party? Serve vegie sticks and water crackers with salsa rather than high-fat chips and dips.
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||239 kJ||135 kJ|
|Protein||3.1 g||1.8 g|
|Fat, total||1.1 g||0.6 g|
|— saturated||0.7 g||0.4 g|
|Carbohydrate||8.9 g||5 g|
|— sugars||8.4 g||4.8 g|
|Sodium||35 mg||19 mg|
|Fibre||0 g||0 g|