Healthy Easy Popcorn Recipe
- 2 tbs plain popping corn
- Put popcorn in a paper bag and fold down the top a couple of times
- Microwave on HIGH for about 2 minutes or until most or the corn has popped (if there's 3 or 4 seconds between popping noises, it's probably done)
- Be careful when opening the bag, the steam will be hot!
- Eat the popcorn plain or try some of the flavours below
- Curry popcorn: toss warm popcorn with a little cumin, chilli and coriander or your favourite curry powder
- Sriracha popcorn: sriracha is an Asian chilli garlic sauce that is delicious on popcorn. Toss in a little sriracha just before serving (it will go soggy if left too long)
- Cheese and herb: sprinkle parmesan, garlic powder and shredded basil over fresh popcorn
Having a party? Serve vegie sticks and water crackers with salsa rather than high-fat chips and dips.
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||230 kJ||1538 kJ|
|Protein||2.1 g||14.1 g|
|Fat, total||0.6 g||4.1 g|
|— saturated||0.1 g||0.7 g|
|Carbohydrate||9 g||60.1 g|
|— sugars||0.2 g||1 g|
|Sodium||0.2 mg||1 mg|
|Fibre||2.4 g||15.8 g|
You might also like
This vibrant green drink delivers fruity sweetness to your tastebuds before revealing a powerful punch of earthy green goodness.