Healthy Caprese Wonton Cups Recipe
- olive or canola oil spray
- 1 packet wonton wrappers (25 sheets)
- 300 g punnet cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 24 bambini bocconcini (mini fresh mozzarellas), quartered
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2/3 cup basil leaves, finely shredded
- 24 small basil leaves, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200ºC (180ºC fan-forced).
- Spray a 24-cup capacity mini muffin pan with oil, press wonton wrappers well into pan holes to form a cup which is fluted at the top.
- Bake for 8 minutes until lightly browned and crisp.
- Remove from muffin pans and cool.
Caprese salad filling
- Combine cherry tomatoes, bocconcini, onion, basil and balsamic in a medium-sized bowl, stir to combine.
- Spoon 2 heaped teaspoons of mixture into each wonton cup.
- Top with a basil leaf; serve immediately.
Comment: Wonton cups can be prepared a day in advance and stored in an airtight container until required. Salad ingredients are best prepared and served fresh.
Having a party? Serve vegie sticks and water crackers with salsa rather than high-fat chips and dips.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||195 kJ||650 kJ|
|Protein||2.1 g||7.1 g|
|Fat, total||2 g||6.6 g|
|— saturated||0.8 g||2.7 g|
|Carbohydrate||4.8 g||16.1 g|
|— sugars||0.5 g||1.6 g|
|Sodium||51.1 mg||169.7 mg|
|Fibre||0.6 g||1.9 g|
You might also like
Hummus Four Ways
Classic, roast pumpkin, beetroot & mint or Mediterranean - what's your favourite way to hummus?