Healthy Pineapple Sparkler Recipe
- 2 pieces glace ginger
- 2/3 cup canned pineapple pieces in natural juice, drained
- 1 tsp lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups soda water, cold
- Add ginger, pineapple and lemon juice/ vinegar to a blender or jug that can be used with a stick blender. Blitz until smooth. Add a little water if needed to get the mixer going.
- Just before serving, divide into glasses (strain if desired) and top with ¾ cup of soda water per glass.
Variation: For more ginger kick, add freshly grated ginger with the pineapple.
Comment: If you can only find crystallised ginger, use 1 piece of this in place of 2 pieces of glace ginger.
Having a party? Serve vegie sticks and water crackers with salsa rather than high-fat chips and dips.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||159 kJ||64 kJ|
|Protein||0.3 g||0.1 g|
|Fat, total||0.1 g||0 g|
|— saturated||0 g||0 g|
|Carbohydrate||8.5 g||3.4 g|
|— sugars||8.4 g||3.4 g|
|Sodium||12 mg||5 mg|
|Fibre||1.1 g||0.5 g|