Healthy Mushroom Leek & Thyme Wonton Cups Recipe
- olive or canola oil spray
- 1 packet wonton wrappers
- 1 leek (white part only), cut lengthways and finely sliced
- 500 g button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbs fresh thyme leaves or 1 teaspoon mixed dried herbs
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat milk
- 3 eggs
- 80 g reduced-fat cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 200ºC (180ºC fan-forced). Spray a 24 hole 1/3-cup capacity muffin pan with oil, press wonton wrappers well into pan holes to form a cup.
- Bake for 8 minutes until lightly browned and crisp then remove tin from oven and set aside.
- Meanwhile, spray a non-stick pan and place on medium heat. Add leek, mushrooms, garlic, thyme and season with pepper. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables have softened.
- Pour milk into a jug, add eggs and whisk together with a fork.
- Spoon 2 heaped teaspoonfuls of mushroom mixture into each cooked wonton cup. Pour over egg mixture to fill wonton and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until egg is set. Carefully remove wonton cups from muffin tin and cool on a wire rack for a few minutes.
- Top each with an extra thyme sprig and serve warm or allow to cool completely on a wire rack, refrigerate and serve cold.
Serving Suggestion: Serve warm or cold, as a finger food or place in a lunchbox.
Having a party? Serve vegie sticks and water crackers with salsa rather than high-fat chips and dips.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||257 kJ||471 kJ|
|Protein||4.4 g||8.1 g|
|Fat, total||2 g||3.6 g|
|— saturated||0.9 g||1.7 g|
|Carbohydrate||5.5 g||10 g|
|— sugars||1.1 g||1.9 g|
|Sodium||79.3 mg||145.1 mg|
|Fibre||1.2 g||2.3 g|
You might also like
Sweet Potato Cheese Muffins
Whip up a batch of these for a quick brekky on the go or a delicious light snack!