Healthy Strawberry Wonton Cups Recipe
- olive or canola oil spray
- 1 packet wonton wrappers (25 sheets)
- 220 g reduced-fat cream cheese
- 3 tbs icing sugar
- grated rind of 1 orange
- 500 g strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 24 small mint leaves, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200ºC (180ºC fan-forced).
- Spray a 24-cup capacity mini muffin pan with oil.
- Press wonton wrappers well into pan holes to form a cup which is fluted at the top.
- Bake for 8 minutes until lightly browned and crisp.
- Remove from muffin pans and cool.
- In a small bowl, mix cream cheese, sugar and orange rind together
- Spoon a teaspoon of cream cheese mixture into each wonton cup, fill with strawberries and top with a mint leaf
- Serve immediately
Comment: Wonton cups can be prepared a day in advance and stored in an airtight container until required. Cream cheese filling and strawberries may be prepared in advance and refrigerated for a few hours but are best constructed only an hour before serving.
Having a party? Serve vegie sticks and water crackers with salsa rather than high-fat chips and dips.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||236 kJ||575 kJ|
|Protein||1.7 g||4.2 g|
|Fat, total||2.3 g||5.5 g|
|— saturated||1 g||2.4 g|
|Carbohydrate||7 g||17.1 g|
|— sugars||2.6 g||6.4 g|
|Sodium||59 mg||143.3 mg|
|Fibre||0.9 g||2 g|