Healthy Watermelon & Feta Wontons Recipe
- 1 packet wonton wrappers (25 sheets)
- olive or canola oil spray
- 700 g watermelon, diced
- 60 g reduced-fat feta cheese, diced
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup mint leaves, shredded
- 24 small mint leaves, extra, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 200ºC (180ºC fan-forced).
2. Spray a 24-cup capacity mini muffin pan with oil.
3. Press wonton wrappers well into pan holes to form a cup which is fluted at the top.
4. Bake for 8 minutes until lightly browned and crisp.
5. Remove from muffin pans and cool.
1. Combine watermelon, feta, onion and mint in a medium-sized bowl, stir to combine.
2. Spoon 2 heaped teaspoons of mixture into each wonton cup.
3. Top with a mint leaf; serve immediately.
Wonton cups can be prepared a day in advance and stored in an airtight container until required.
Having a party? Serve vegie sticks and water crackers with salsa rather than high-fat chips and dips.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||174 kJ||487 kJ|
|Protein||1.5 g||4.2 g|
|Fat, total||1.3 g||3.6 g|
|— saturated||0.6 g||1.6 g|
|Carbohydrate||5.9 g||16.4 g|
|— sugars||1.5 g||4.2 g|
|Sodium||54.8 mg||153.2 mg|
|Fibre||0.5 g||1.4 g|
You might also like
Cherry Creaming Soda
When the sparkling water hits the frozen cherry mixture this drink fizzes up like a volcano!
Chickpeas are the secret hero ingredient that makes this peanut butter and banana sensation extra creamy!