Healthy Watermelon & Feta Wontons Recipe
- 1 packet wonton wrappers
- olive or canola oil spray
- 700 g watermelon, diced
- 60 g reduced-fat feta cheese, diced
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup mint leaves, shredded
- 24 small mint leaves, extra, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 200ºC (180ºC fan-forced).
2. Spray a 24-cup capacity mini muffin pan with oil.
3. Press wonton wrappers well into pan holes to form a cup which is fluted at the top.
4. Bake for 8 minutes until lightly browned and crisp.
5. Remove from muffin pans and cool.
1. Combine watermelon, feta, onion and mint in a medium-sized bowl, stir to combine.
2. Spoon 2 heaped teaspoons of mixture into each wonton cup.
3. Top with a mint leaf; serve immediately.
Wonton cups can be prepared a day in advance and stored in an airtight container until required.
Having a party? Serve vegie sticks and water crackers with salsa rather than high-fat chips and dips.
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||174 kJ||487 kJ|
|Protein||1.5 g||4.2 g|
|Fat, total||1.3 g||3.6 g|
|— saturated||0.6 g||1.6 g|
|Carbohydrate||5.9 g||16.4 g|
|— sugars||1.5 g||4.2 g|
|Sodium||54.8 mg||153.2 mg|
|Fibre||0.5 g||1.4 g|
You might also like
Dump the added sugar laden options available from the servo and switch to this easy peasy blended iced coffee.
This vibrant green drink delivers fruity sweetness to your tastebuds before revealing a powerful punch of earthy green goodness.