Healthy Lentil Vegetable Soup Recipe
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 potato, diced
- 1 parsnips, peeled and diced
- 1 stick celery, diced
- 125 g red lentils
- 6 cups chicken stock or water
- 1 tbs no-added-salt tomato paste
- 3 sprigs parsley, chopped
- Saute onion and garlic in a large pot with a little water until onion is translucent.
- Add carrot, potato, parsnip and celery and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Stir in lentils, stock and tomato paste. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 30-35 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When lentils and vegetables are just cooked, add parsley.
One teaspoon of dried herbs may be substituted for fresh herbs.
Recipe from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia, 2012. Reproduced with permission.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||620 kJ||108 kJ|
|Protein||9.1 g||1.6 g|
|Fat, total||2 g||0.4 g|
|— saturated||0.5 g||0.1 g|
|Carbohydrate||20.5 g||3.6 g|
|— sugars||5.7 g||1 g|
|Sodium||1567 mg||273.5 mg|
|Fibre||6.3 g||1.1 g|
You might also like
Cowboys' (or girls') Pizza in a Hurry
Do you have fussy eaters? They'll love this vegie-packed "pizza"!
Find out why this light and tangy salad is a favourite among the LiveLighter team!