Healthy Vegie Frittata Recipe
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, sliced
- 500 g sweet potato, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup water
- 420 g sweet corn kernels (or 1 corn cob, cooked)
- 2 cups broccoli, cut into florets
- 60 g reduced-fat cheddar cheese, grated
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat milk
- Preheat oven to 180 °C and grease a 20cm square baking tin with oil.
- Combine onion, sweet potato and water in a large bowl, cover with cling film and microwave on HIGH (100%) for 3 minutes.
- Add broccoli and microwave on HIGH (100%) for a further 2 minutes.
- Layer baking tin with half the sweet potato and top with corn, broccoli, onion and remaining sweet potato.
- Whisk eggs and milk, pour over vegetables, top with cheese and bake for 30 minutes or until firm in the centre.
Recipe from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia, 2012. Reproduced with permission.
Substitute the cheddar for 30g Parmesan cheese.
You can use kernels from a cooked fresh corn cob instead of the canned variety.
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1094 kJ||351 kJ|
|Protein||15.1 g||4.8 g|
|Fat, total||8.8 g||2.8 g|
|— saturated||3.8 g||1.2 g|
|Carbohydrate||27.3 g||8.8 g|
|— sugars||11.3 g||3.6 g|
|Sodium||305.2 mg||98.1 mg|
|Fibre||6.1 g||2 g|
You might also like
Sticky Tofu Noodles 3-2-1
A good quality curry paste is a great shortcut to adding a flavour punch to tofu.