Healthy Chickpea Curry Recipe
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbs ground cumin
- 1 tbs ground coriander
- 1 tbs curry powder
- 2 x 400g cans no-added-salt chickpeas
- 1/2 zucchini, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 1 cup frozen green bean
- 1 x 400g can no-added-salt diced tomatoes
- 1 x 165 g can reduced-fat coconut milk
- 1 1/3 cups rice (uncooked)
- Cook rice according to packet instructions
- Heat oil in a non-stick frypan or pot and fry onions, garlic and spices for 2 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer with the lid off for 15minutes.
- Serve with rice.
Chilli, lemon and herbs add flavour - great alternatives to butter and salt!
Start to LiveLighter today
Become a member for free and receive your personalised meal plan.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||2203 kJ||375 kJ|
|Protein||16 g||3 g|
|Fat, total||10 g||2 g|
|— saturated||3 g||0.6 g|
|Carbohydrate||82 g||14 g|
|— sugars||13 g||2 g|
|Sodium||417 mg||71 mg|
|Fibre||17 g||3 g|
You might also like
Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Roasted Tomato Cream
This tasty sweet potato gnocchi is a favourite in the LiveLighter team.