Healthy Chickpea Curry Recipe
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbs ground cumin
- 1 tbs ground coriander
- 1 tbs curry powder
- 2 x 400g cans no-added-salt chickpeas
- 1/2 zucchini, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 1 cup frozen green bean
- 1 x 400g can no-added-salt diced tomatoes
- 1 x 165 g can reduced-fat coconut milk
- 1 1/3 cups rice (uncooked)
- Cook rice according to packet instructions
- Heat oil in a non-stick frypan or pot and fry onions, garlic and spices for 2 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer with the lid off for 15minutes.
- Serve with rice.
Variation: Use up whatever fresh or frozen vegies you have in this curry. Eggplant, pumpkin, broccoli and cauliflower all work well.
Comment: If you like a mild curry, or your spices are very fresh (and therefore strong), start with half the amount of curry powder, cumin and coriander.
We are family! Enjoy some quality time together at the dinner table and switch off all other distractions.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||2203 kJ||375 kJ|
|Protein||16 g||3 g|
|Fat, total||10 g||2 g|
|— saturated||3 g||0.6 g|
|Carbohydrate||82 g||14 g|
|— sugars||13 g||2 g|
|Sodium||417 mg||71 mg|
|Fibre||17 g||3 g|