Healthy Sweet Potato Fries Recipe
- 600 g sweet potato
- 1 tbs olive oil
- to taste pepper
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika, optional
- fresh thyme or oregano leaves , optional
- Preheat oven to 230°C and line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Cut sweet potato into sticks of roughly the same size (you can leave the skin on).
- Add sweet potatoes, oil, pepper and paprika and herbs (if using) to a big bowl and mix to give an even covering.
- Spread chips in a single layer on the tray. Bake for 10 minutes on top shelf of the oven.
- Turn chips over and bake for a further 10 minutes, or until crisp.
Comment: TIP: Make double! Leftover sweet potato fries are great as a base for nacho fries, in a salad or to put in a frittata.
Use the left-over water from cooking vegetables to make stock or soup. It's full of vitamins!
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||720 kJ||466 kJ|
|172 Cal||111 Cal|
|Protein||3.5 g||2.3 g|
|Fat, total||4.8 g||3.1 g|
|— saturated||0.8 g||0.5 g|
|Carbohydrate||25.8 g||16.7 g|
|— sugars||10.3 g||6.6 g|
|Sodium||18 mg||12 mg|
|Fibre||4.8 g||3.1 g|
You might also like
Pantry Pasta 3-2-1
This fast vegie spaghetti is made from pantry staples - perfect for a quick weeknight meal.