Healthy Home Fries Recipe
- 4 potatoes
- 2 tbs olive oil
- to taste pepper
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika, optional
- 2 sprigs rosemary, optional
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced) and line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Wash potatoes well and cut into wedges or chips.
- Add potatoes, oil, pepper and paprika or rosemary (if using) to a big bowl and mix to give an even covering.
- Spread potatoes evenly on the baking tray.
- Place on the top shelf of the oven and cook for 20-30 minutes or until cooked through and crispy.
Comment: TIP: Make double! Leftover home fries are great as a base for nacho fries or potato salad or to put in a frittata.
On a budget? If fresh produce is not available or is too expensive, try canned or frozen fruit and veg!
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||887 kJ||607 kJ|
|Protein||4.8 g||3.3 g|
|Fat, total||9.3 g||6.4 g|
|— saturated||1.4 g||1 g|
|Carbohydrate||24.7 g||16.9 g|
|— sugars||2.3 g||1.6 g|
|Sodium||9 mg||6 mg|
|Fibre||3.9 g||2.6 g|