Healthy Vegetable Spring Rolls Recipe
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 100 g portabello or shitake mushrooms, chopped
- 4 spring onions (including green tops), sliced
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 3 cups Chinese cabbage (Wombok), shredded
- 1 tsp reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 tsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbs chilli sauce
- 12 spring roll wrappers
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup reduced-salt soy sauce, extra
- 2 tbs sweet chilli sauce
- 1 spring onion (including green top), chopped, extra
- Preheat oven to 200 °C.
- Heat oil in a pan and stir-fry garlic, mushrooms, onions and carrot until lightly cooked. Stir in cabbage and cover until wilted. Remove from heat and tip into a colander to drain any liquid. Return vegetables to pan, add sauces and toss.
- Divide mixture between wrappers, fold in sides and roll up. Brush rolls with egg white and place on a tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- To make a dipping sauce, combine additional soy sauce, spring onion and sweet chilli sauce in a small bowl.
- Serve spring rolls hot with dipping sauce.
Recipe from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia, 2012. Reproduced with permission.
On a budget? If fresh produce is not available or is too expensive, try canned or frozen fruit and veg!
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||277 kJ||520 kJ|
|Protein||2 g||3.7 g|
|Fat, total||2.4 g||4.6 g|
|— saturated||0.5 g||1 g|
|Carbohydrate||8.5 g||15.9 g|
|— sugars||1.5 g||2.8 g|
|Sodium||130.6 mg||244.5 mg|
|Fibre||1.3 g||2.4 g|