Healthy Vegetable Lasagne Recipe
- 500 g pumpkin or sweet potato, peeled and sliced
- 2 bunches English spinach or young Silver beet, washed and sliced
- 500 g reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 6 spring onions (including green tops), ends trimmed, chopped
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 12 sheets instant lasagne, softened in hot water
- 425 g can no-added-salt tomato pasta sauce
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbs plain flour
- 2 cups reduced-fat milk
- pepper, to taste
- ground nutmeg, to taste
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan forced).
- Microwave the pumpkin for 5 minutes, then cool.
- Place spinach into boiling water until wilted, drain well and squeeze out any excess liquid.
- In a large bowl combine ricotta, onion and parsley.
- Arrange 3 sheets of lasagne on the base of an ovenproof pan (approx. 33cm x 23cm). Top with 1/3 each of pumpkin, tomato sauce and spinach ricotta mixture. Repeat twice and top with remaining lasagne sheets.
- To make topping, break eggs into flour and mix until smooth. Slowly add milk to flour mixture while whisking, pour into a saucepan and bring to the boil, continue whisking until smooth and thickened. Add pepper and ground nutmeg, pour over top of lasagne and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Recipe from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia, 2012. Reproduced with permission.
Serving Suggestion: Cut into squares and serve with a green salad.
Use the left-over water from cooking vegetables to make stock or soup. It's full of vitamins!
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||1826 kJ||332 kJ|
|Protein||27.4 g||5 g|
|Fat, total||13.4 g||2.4 g|
|— saturated||6.4 g||1.2 g|
|Carbohydrate||47.6 g||8.7 g|
|— sugars||15.8 g||2.9 g|
|Sodium||582.5 mg||106 mg|
|Fibre||7.2 g||1.3 g|